I’m out sick today. Please complete the following assignments and be kind to my substitute. If you have any questions or concerns, email me at my sullivank12.net address.
- Read chapter 17 of their book. (There are more books in my storage room if needed!)
- Answer Questions 1, 3, and 9 on page 488, and Problems 1, 3, 5, 11, 14, 15, 19, 31, 33, 43, and 47.
- Anything not completed in class is homework.
Feel free to use any electronic resources that we’ve used in the past. (Hyperphysics, Khan Academy, etc.) The book doesn’t have a monopoly on good explanations!
- Research the space race of the 1950’s and 60’s.
- Make a powerpoint (or something else artistic) about major milestones. (Who accomplished what, and when?)
- First orbiting satellite.
- First to put something living in space and get it back safely.
- First human in space.
- First human to orbit the Earth.
If what you make isn’t littered with pictures of rockets and technical specs, I’m going to be really sad.