You all wanted it, so lets research it!
Step 1 is agreeing on the facts. I pull heavily from Scientific American. In my opinion, they don’t have a political slant (politics are unnecessary and usually not helpful when you’re just collecting information) and they cite their sources well through links in their articles. If you have a better source, tell me! I want to include it! More information is never a bad thing.
- 2017 Ranked Among Three Hottest Years Ever
- The Good and Bad News about Rising Temperatures
- A graph of air temperature anomaly (difference from average temp) provided by the National Snow and Ice Data Center
Your job for today
- Read those articles and play with those graphs.
- Write a paragraph or so that tell me about
- what (if anything) surprised you
- what (if anything) is exactly as you expected
- Is the climate changing?
I’m not asking you to investigate causes, solutions, or anything like that. The first step a doctor takes is to examine the patient and see if they’re sick. We can look at causes tomorrow.